Those of you who have been following LiveLifeWell since the beginning may recall that my first post was about a young lady who thought she wanted to be a basketball wife. Through this blog, my initial intention was to inspire others to LiveLifeWell. I also wanted to share my experiences as the wife of a professional athlete to set the record straight and to give everyone a glimpse into what it’s REALLY like (not what it’s like on reality TV shows).
Preseason basketball is in full swing and this past Wednesday my husband and his team hosted the San Antonio Spurs for their first preseason home game. I’m so excited basketball is back because I love supporting my man and watching him play the sport he loves. Game days can be hectic in the Jones household, so I thought the first preseason game would be an excellent opportunity to give you a glimpse into a day in my life as a basketball wife.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2015
- 7:10 AM – Rise and Shine 🙂 The first thing I do every morning is check my phone. I check all social media sites to see what I missed during my slumber
- 7:15 AM – Creep to the bathroom to avoid waking my hubby, who was still sleeping like a baby, and get ready to face the world
- 7:30 AM – I’m out the front door and into my mom’s car to head to the gym. We currently only have one car in the Jones household (what’s the point in having two cars in Atlanta when we may possibly be living in another state or country for the majority of the year), so my mom picks me up most mornings and we ride together to the gym so my husband can keep our car to get to and from practice.
- 8 AM – Arrive at gym and begin warm up. My machine of choice this morning was the elliptical.
- 8:30 AM – Begin workout with my super trainer, Herb Guzman. Today was arm day.
- 9:10 AM – Hobble to the car.
- 9:45 AM – I arrive back to home and am greeted by my Puggle (Pug/Beagle mix), Nas. I make myself some breakfast. Today’s breakfast was a two egg omelet with bell pepper, onion, tomato, spinach, and feta cheese. YUM!
- 10:30 AM – I open up my computer and delve into all things LiveLifeWell which includes checking social media, promoting my latest blog post, and finalizing the final details for my exciting announcement.
- 1 PM – Time for the second workout of the day! Today it’s Lower Fix from the 21 Day Fix (I’m currently on week 2 of my second round of the program).
- 1:35 PM – Second workout in the books! Time for my Shakeology – today I’m going for mint chocolate chip (chocolate Shakeology with a half a banana, a cup of water, and a splash of mint extract). I also wash the dishes while I’m in the kitchen….oh joy!
- 2 PM – Graduate school calls… Today’s assignments include taking a quiz and writing a discussion board post on how I’ll use what I’ve learned in my career counseling course in marriage and family counseling with my future clients.
- 3 PM – My husband should be up from his nap soon so it’s time to prepare his pregame meal. Today it will be grilled chicken, rice, and broiled asparagus. It’s also time to throw something in my handy dandy crock pot for us to have for dinner after the game. Tonight we’ll be having 21 Day Fix Approved Crockpot Cajun Sausage Soup.
- 4 PM – The hubby is out the door and I settle in front of the computer yet again to do some more blogging and post promotion.
- 5 PM – Time for my own pregame meal! I always eat something before heading to the arena to prevent me from snacking on unhealthy things during the games. After I eat, I walk and feed Nas…. Then a shower is also long overdue.
- 6 PM – Of course the Virgo in me has been planning her outfit for the game all week, so getting dressed is a quick and painless process. Check out what I wore below.
- 6:45 PM – My stand in photographer (my mom) arrives and we snap my Outfit of the Day pics before heading to the arena for the game.
- 7:40 PM – Arrive at Phillips Arena. We’re new to the team so it’s my first time meeting a lot of the staff and seeing the backstage facilities for the player’s families. I get a quick tour then head to my seat.
- 8 PM – IT’S GAME TIME!!!! GO HAWKS!!!! Check out my husband’s amazing dunk from tonight’s game below.
- 11:30 PM – Home sweet home after a win! Time for a late dinner (which I’m SO happy is already ready to eat).
- 12 AM – Goodnight World. Sweet Dreams.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Overalls: Michael Stars – Scottsdale, Arizona
Top: American Apparel – Atlanta, Georgia
Shoes: Valentino – Milan, Italy
Bag: Celine – Thanks Mommy!!!!
Lippy: Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick – Color: Sexer
I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into a day in my life! It’s not nearly as glamorous as the lives of basketball wives appear on TV, but I love it nonetheless. Thanks for reading!